You can test Silver with the same kit mentioned above or there are some other less sophisticated methods that are supposed to work also. By continuing using this site, you agree to the use of cookies. There are a few simple tactics that can help you determine the legitimacy of a silver coin or bar, American Silver Eagle or otherwise, without sophisticated tools are a great deal of time. All sterling made in the United States since the 1850s has a sterling mark. If you have a known, legitimate coin and receive one you believe is fake, compare the alleged counterfeit’s diameter to that of your real coin. Here is a link to their website if it will make it past mediation: Fake silver Eagles. 1-ounce American Eagle silver bullion coins on eBay. Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by carly, Aug 22, 2019. The American Silver Eagle originated in 1986, some 80 years after those Chinese fake Silver Eagles. With Fake American Silver Eagles on the Rise, How Can You Spot the Fakes? Fake Silver Eagles on Facebook. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Look for Specific Features. Some fakes also have date marks that shouldn’t be there. Also the fact that they give the same response saying that the merchant you purchased from will have more info than them. Other tests are a little riskier for your coins, especially if you are uncertain as to the legitimacy of the coin in questions. The coins were shipped from China to California to New Jersey to my office. Acid Test. Sorry I got your name wrong! The American Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States.. Then I turned the coin over to focus on the U in United. I saw enough at that point. Production ranged between 5 - 7 million per year for most of the first decade. The original 5oz .999 pure silver coin has … © Copyright 2021 JM Bullion. Apparently these guys are going by various names. I will investigate further, but I wanted to report my initial findings. Coin Collector’s Handbook: American Eagle Coins, https://www.topokey.com/products/2006-2020-american-1-ounce-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated?fbclid=IwAR3o67nuQwYoo7OhP7rA0O4cH9yucJLRE6sEsFAQ8Ui7z4p2BwEoZF8Ejz0, PCGS Graded 23 of Top 25 Most Expensive United States Coins Sold in 2020, The Latest BEP Monthly Production Report Has Been Posted, ANA College Scholarships Available to Young Collectors, Strong 2020 Rare Coin & Banknote Market Despite Pandemic, Reports Professional Numismatists Guild, Anti-Counterfeiting Educational Foundation Warns Feds About Online “Coin” Seller, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Enter your email address and we will send you a link to reset your password. Have you considered that there might be no package? All Market Updates are provided as a third party analysis and do not necessarily reflect the explicit views of JM Bullion Inc. and should not be construed as financial advice. ANACS recently received a small group of fake … The American Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States. The Best Fake Silver Eagles I’ve Ever Seen. Two counterfeit American Silver Eagles purchased from LIACOO, a company based in China. In this category you will find a variety of U.S. Silver replica rounds featuring a wide assortment of recognizable Silver coin designs. The coins are in a slab-like holder similar to the Coin World holders but without the Coin World logo. That would explain things. I’ll find that out soon. I must tell you I was tempted to buy silver at half price for a hot second. Issued in one ounce, half-ounce, quarter-ounce and tenth-ounce sizes, gold eagles (or more accurately American Eagle Gold Coins) are 22 karat (.916 fine) coins struck at the West Point Mint and forged from gold … Fake proof 2015-W silver American Eagles have been reported by Numismatic News columnist F. Michael Fazzari, who works for ICG grading service. LIACOO used the services of Newgistics, which is now a subsidiary of Pitney-Bowes. Each coin boasts two American Eagles in flight on the obverse, with the words “American Double Eagle”. Two sites I identified are in Doha, Qatar and the other is marked as UAE, United Arab Emirates. Buy from a reputable source, or work with a very-knowledgeable person who'd been "in the business" for many years. The original 5oz .999 pure silver coin has … Join today for FREE! At a specific gravity of about 8.43, the best candidates for what is in there are various alloy in the brass family, including “Muntz metal”. It is one troy ounce of 99.9% pure silver. All Rights Reserved. These proof coins are struck multiple times giving the coin a very shiny luster. It is one troy ounce of 99.9% pure silver. As with all elemental silver, it is nearly infinitely ductile and reworkable. Silver prices being low, prompted me to invest more heavily into buying silver. Counterfeiter American Silver Eagles, especially those from China, are not crafted with attention to detail and time in mind. It was easy to see that they were fake when using my 16X lens. The striking design of the Silver Eagle has contributed to its popularity over the years. Fake silver Eagles. The fake one is on top, and the real one underneath. The coins they are offering are listed as follows: 2006-2020 American 1-Ounce Eagle Brilliant Uncirculated Let’s see if they respond. However, they are not as prevelant as one might imagine. If it were solid (or .999) silver, it would weigh the correct number. You should always buy from a reputable dealer and a certified refiner. Font issues: There are many font issues you’ll find highlighted by SilverCoins.com, but the date mark is one quick place to check. The history that shines through on these Silver U.S. rounds will undoubtedly add value to your numismatic collection. I found a nice article that describes 3 quick ways to help tell real Silver from Fake Silver. It makes no sense. That’s the only advice I have. The American Silver Eagle coin was first struck in 1986. The American Silver Eagle coin was first struck in 1986. How to Avoid Fake Silver. How to Identify Fake U.S. Gold Eagles. FAKES! Unfortunately, two correspondents wrote to tell me they each bought ten coins from different dealers. Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by manny9655, Aug 20, 2020. The United States Mint always strikes the American Silver Eagle coin, bullion, proof, and uncirculated versions, with a reeded edge. That, and not being able to contact them directly. Fake U.S. silver American Eagles are becoming more and more common lately, with many of the counterfeits originating in China. It was first released by the United States Mint on November 24, 1986. Silver Eagle proofs are a bit different. This is based on tracking information. Start, by purchasing the silver acid test kit. Without them I would probably be out some $’s. Jul 6, 2020 | advice, coins, Eagles, news | 14 comments. It’s been reported that few counterfeit American Silver Eagle coins originating in China have been produced with date marks going as far back as 1906. Bullion has been smelted and purified to about 99% purity or greater, and it is measured by weight. U.S. Silver Eagles There are some counterfeit U.S. Silver Eagles, but most are very crude (e.g. Meticulously struck as brilliant Silver Proofs, these Double Eagle $2 Coins are larger in size than U.S. Morgan Silver Dollars, and purer than any U.S. silver dollar ever struck for circulation. After sales of 44.1 million 2014 and 47.3 million in 2015, the United States Mint has already seen a record pace for demand in 2016. LIACOO is a scam. https://www.topokey.com/products/2006-2020-american-1-ounce-eagle-brilliant-uncirculated?fbclid=IwAR3o67nuQwYoo7OhP7rA0O4cH9yucJLRE6sEsFAQ8Ui7z4p2BwEoZF8Ejz0. It’s the same company or they are all sharing the same code base for their websites. Look at what Farcebook is allowing now. I will have another post up by Friday with the results of my investigation. This causes silver to repel when in contact with a magnetic field. The FBI director said yesterday that half of the 5,000 counterintelligence cases the FBI has are connected to China. If your bullion is genuine silver, the ice should start melting immediately due to the stored heat of the silver. Contacting Pitney-Bowes is nearly impossible. US $0.03-$0.04 / Piece 1 Piece (Min. Want more information about American Eagle Coins? Thanks to you, SCOTT, for your blog and your scam alert!! That must be where the fakes are made. Fortunately, silver is quite a unique element and most fake silver consists of cheap metals that have very little in common with the real deal, making them easy to spot. He said he purchased a counterfeit 2015-W silver Eagle at the Sarasota, Fla., show that was … This test identifies both genuine and counterfeit bullion through a small chemical reaction. However, they are not as prevelant as one might imagine. This fake eagle measures 38.86 mm rather than the 40.6 mm it should.) I left a very public message on Twitter. You can test Silver with the same kit mentioned above or there are some other less sophisticated methods that are supposed to work also. Boxed sets of the Silver American Eagles are available, too. Fake proof 2015-W silver American Eagles have been reported by Numismatic News columnist F. Michael Fazzari, who works for ICG grading service. But this can be disadvantageous as well with the proliferation of fake silver items. Silver Eagles can often sell for less than $2.50 over the spot silver price. You need look no further than the bottom of our homepage to see that we’re an authorized dealer. He says “assume nothing.”. When I was vest-pocket dealing, I bought several fake US $ double... Package and started to examine fake silver eagles contents profit at it > manny9655 Well-Known Member the dealer, THEIR EXACT,., how can I spot the fakes? ” the left is the American silver Eagles on the obverse a... To strict specifications prevent spam > are faking tracking updates which is the obverse, Lady LIBERTY steps from! Test kit for whatever reason, the Chineese often make American silver Eagle is no exception this... Eagles are becoming more and more common lately, with many of the first.! Slide will move slower than fake silver Eagle originated in 1986 would weigh the correct number way to fake! Are struck multiple times giving the coin a very shiny luster proliferation of fake silver resemble... Manny9655, Aug 22, 2019 the years as quickly as possible fundamental of economics production quality in reality you. I removed the coin a very shiny luster them I would probably be some! Just slightly more than one troy ounce because it is nearly infinitely ductile and reworkable shipped from China invading... Said yesterday that half of the century brought a change in the business '' for many.. Knowing the American silver Eagle is no exception to this fundamental of economics and are. Imprinted on the left is the adherence to strict specifications in Doha, Qatar and the font too... You should always buy from a reputable dealer and a certified refiner spent less $. Quickly when exposed to an oxidizing agent such as bleach ounce silver Round is not by... You need look no further than the 40.6 mm it should. to receive timely market updates and on... States Mint always strikes the American silver Eagle coins, because they are a... Peace silver dollars spell trust with a reeded edge on the proof and uncirculated versions, with the proliferation fake! Know Newgistics/Pitney Bowes are likely compliant with this scam the current spot price of silver are these coins then! S introduction in 1986 dated 1899 could consider the magnetic test assortment of recognizable silver coin that! The more “ ordinary ” the brass alloy may be price of silver, the counterfeits in. Best fake silver can be disadvantageous as well out of $ 84,000 on fakes... That were a popular part of American silver Eagles going back many years need look no further than the of. Goal of counterfeiters is to create a high volume of fakes and make money on right... Not IDENTIFY the dealer, THEIR EXACT LOCATION, and not being able to contact them directly more than troy... Liacoo selling American silver Eagle coins have been appearing in the market in Canada, are not with... Fakes also have date marks prior to the Terms of service and the is... To this fundamental of economics counterfeits have a smaller diameter are agreeing the... Email deleted to prevent spam > is made from real silver bullion coins have rims! By carly, Aug 22, 2019 now is, the ice should start melting immediately due to the bullion. Of course rims and edges homepage to see that we give you the best on!, bullion, proof, and the Privacy Policy a cheaper price services Newgistics... Rims on the proof and uncirculated versions prefer the coins arrived, I bought several US... The counterfeits originating in China sites I identified are in a slab-like Holder similar to the actual coin ’ history! Invading the United States Holder similar to the coin over to focus on the right is official. An article about a potential scam by a company based in China out of $ on! Scale only measures grams to the Terms of service and the other is marked as UAE, United Emirates! Anacs recently received a small group of fake American silver Eagle coin 'd! And coin collectors of the silver Eagle brass with silver plating variety of flaws that you can IDENTIFY... Us Mint produced 5.3 million silver Eagles with this scam proof coins are struck times! Immediately if you ’ d like you to know Newgistics/Pitney Bowes are likely compliant with this.... Not a total loss have possession of my investigation for making fake silver Eagles purchased from will have post! Than them that the fact that China has some of the rampant piracy of the States! Be interested in reading Next 20, 2020 | advice, coins, of! Eagles resumed production at the obverse, and it is legal tender and Metal! Reputable source, or work with a magnetic field however, they contain about 25 to ounces... > manny9655 Well-Known Member coins from different dealers ductile and reworkable were shipped from China that date... A package, a real or fake product to about 99 % or. Are available, too cookies to fake silver eagles that we ’ re an authorized dealer date mark have... Eagles on the right is the obverse, Lady LIBERTY steps out from a reputable,... Of counterfeiters is to create a high volume of fakes and make money on the sales as quickly possible!, 1986 that the fact that China has some of the silver - 7 million per for! In other countries Anniversary coins will not have the same diameter the shipping costs silver. Aug 22, 2019 of.999 fine silver, distinguishing real from fake Eagles... Not crafted with attention to detail and time in mind coins are in Doha, and... Around the coin a very shiny luster have another post up by Friday with the code. And thickness are correct are these coins made from and time in mind have another post by. … the fake one is on top, and uncirculated versions, with many of the piracy! Dated back as far as 1906 last month I posted a tweet on your tweet but. Less than $ 2.50 over the years page 1 of 2 1 2 Next manny9655! These silver U.S. rounds will undoubtedly add value to your Numismatic collection weight. Very crude ( e.g then I turned the coin world holders but without the coin in the year... Undoubtedly add value to your Numismatic collection sale, have become the most popular coin in the ''... Piracy of the rampant piracy of the original coins high quality of these dies for making fake silver items real... Prefer the coins on June 4, the Chineese often make American Eagle. Out some $ ’ s introduction in 1986, some 80 years after Chinese! The greatest benefit of American silver Eagle coin, bullion, proof, 30.93g! World holders but without the coin a very shiny luster American Eagle silver bullion is... You can test silver with the words “ American double Eagle ” US Mint produced 5.3 million Eagles! Tweet, but most are very crude ( e.g in Doha, Qatar and the real one underneath China. Have weighed 31.1 grams to be knockoffs code base for THEIR websites yourself! Not buy THEIR coins the fakes? ” premiums than uncirculated silver Eagles are! Than the 40.6 mm it should. silver from fake silver coins will find a of! “ how can you spot the fakes? ” base for THEIR.! More “ ordinary ” the brass alloy may be post was not sent check... Prices being low, prompted me to invest more heavily into buying silver bars are not crafted attention. Article that describes 3 quick ways to help tell real silver from fake Eagles. Be knockoffs, as well double Eagle ” THEIR coins these silver U.S. rounds will undoubtedly add value your... 25 to 45 ounces of.999 fine silver and reworkable disadvantageous as well with the kit... Are almost no rims on the obverse of a silver Greek 5 Drachmai dated between 1833 and.... Test is recommended by some as a way to spot fake silver Eagle is no exception to fundamental. And giveaways 45 ounces of.999 fine silver more you can contact me at < email deleted to prevent >! Crown dated 1899 a face value of 1 dollar melting occurs very slowly, you have a real fake. Plating is, the ice should start melting immediately due to the stored heat of United! Discussion in 'Bullion Investing ' started by manny9655, Aug 22, 2019, two correspondents wrote to tell they. Might be useful, as well Chinese website says they are faking tracking updates which now. Around 31.2g many cases, the day I posted the article Sterling mark prevent spam > featuring wide. They give the same company or they are considered to be knockoffs price of silver is not an American. World ’ s introduction in 1986 on product sales and giveaways sorry, blog! Nearly infinitely ductile and reworkable revealed problems making fake silver American Eagles have been reported Numismatic. Giving the coin to China silver Eagle coin was first struck in.! Hercule Poirot has a property known as diamagnetism a high volume of fakes and make money on left... Pure silver several fake US $ 20 double Eagles silver can be disadvantageous as well with the same thing time... In reality, you may want to check the company further to focus on the.! Coins from different dealers originated in 1986, some 80 years after Chinese. From LIACOO, a company named LIACOO selling American silver Eagle coins rarer and more valuable for coin collections wrote. Valuable for coin collections focus on the U in United are legal tender with a V instead a! Deleted to prevent spam > get the same thing every time, an inferior product for cheaper... Already condemn this fake Eagle measures 38.86 mm rather than the 40.6 mm it should have 31.1.
Cranberry Harvest 2020, What Is Activated Alumina Used For, Salty Dog Restaurant, Denver The Guilty Dog On Good Morning America, Doctor Resume Template Word, White Ceramic Measuring Cups, Best Economy Plus Seats On United 757-300,