Boulder County Commissioner District 1: Cinda Kochen Share this: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) ... instrumental in passage of the Colorado … } I led many changes in my first 4 years. position: absolute; width: 100% !important; } The candidates for Larimer County commissioner from District 3 have a lot in common. Additionally, Grand Lake clarity has improved.I want to convert the County Housing Authority into a Regional Housing Authority which will better address affordable housing countywide.I’m proud of the Grand County workforce and wish to continue serving with them for the residents and guests of Grand County. display: inline; The roles and responsibilities for County Commissioner are laid out in State Statute and in fact Counties are an arm of the State. } There are many facility needs on the horizon. .votebox { Questions to the candidates: 1. Two county commissioner positions are up for election this November: District One, encompassing Winter Park and Fraser, and District Two, encompassing Granby and Grand Lake. Mark is giving up his County Commissioner position to run for DA. top: -1px; If so, which area? color:white; } background-color: #dac113; .cc_office { .results_row.winner { But when an engineering study is complete for road projects, it is much easier to get CDOT to fund the actual projects. background-color: #003388; display: table; float: left; Collier County Commissioner Candidates Week 6: The final set of questions asked the candidates to explain why they were the best candidate and to recap. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. disputes, lawsuits, and recounts. Joe McAnarney. .cc_container { letter-spacing: 0.03em; I earned three college degrees during my career. It is remarkable we have the quality of workers we do, and we are thankful. Heading into the election, Ballotpedia rated this race as safely Democratic. You are on the Rupert Parchment for Weld County Council Page. } background-color: #f9d334; font-weight: bold; Jennifer graduated from CSU with a BS in Forest Biology and moved to Eagle County in 2002. padding:7px 8px 8px; width: 90%; .results_text { font-size: 12px; padding-bottom: 0px; Commissioner Houck among them, recusing himself from initial vote. background-color: #f4f4f4; display: inline; padding-bottom: 7px; This has changed our county, we will never be the same. text-align: left !important; The Candidates are Democrat Claire Levy and Republican Cinda Kochen. .cc_social_row { border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; margin-right: 12px; I am honored and grateful to you who voted for me. We are responsible for roads, land use, zoning, motor vehicles, elections, all land recordings and any public document recordings, property assessments, child services, ambulance service, search and rescue, and the list goes on and on. } padding-left: 10px; let scrollHeight = jQuery('.results_table_container').get(index).scrollHeight; I will (#2) insist on major safety improvements on Red Dirt Hill. } .inner_percentage.Democratic { .race_footer { display: table; The 1st Congressional District of Colorado held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 4, 2014. We eliminated the wait list for child care support, all families who qualify get help. font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.5em; 4. display: block; Prior to that responsibility, I served as the Dean of the Fallon Campus & Off Campus Programs for Western Nevada College for the last 15 years of my 37 years of service for WNC. max-height: 580px; .cc-placeholder-img { margin-top: 1em; ISAIAH HADDON (DEM Candidate) display: inline-block; overflow-x: scroll; Development pressures in these other ski counties has thankfully far exceeded development in Grand. color: white; } .election_results_text { max-height: 580px; We will continue road and transportation improvements. background-color: #db0000; I listen. All U.S. congressional districts, including the 1st Congressional District of Colorado, held elections in 2020. Jennifer graduated from CSU with a BS in Forest Biology and moved to Eagle County in 2002. vertical-align: top; Internet projects can cost millions, so the vast majority of funding will have to come from private investors or federal grants.For change #2 Red Dirt Hill safety improvements, I seek a complete end to end study of Red Dirt Hill to identify how every intersection can be improved. font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 4px; Trump won one district controlled by a Democrat heading into the 2018 elections. .inner_percentage.CrossFiled { } Grand County Treasurer. background-color: grey; .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { Casper Stockham advanced from the Republican primary for U.S. House Colorado District 1 on June 26, 2018. } background-color: grey; color: #888; Here, signing their affidavits designating them as Republican candidates for Huerfano County commissioner in the 2020 election, are Michael “Sandy” White, District 2, John Galusha, District 1, and David Tesitor, District 2. If so, what measures can the county do to help development and building? These changes cost money. padding: 10px; I want to serve as the District 1 Commissioner to continue my life of public service, give back to the community, and build on our accomplishments. The results of that Master Plan will inform a significant re-write of the County land use and zoning codes. background-color: #003388; width: 37%; All of the Republican candidates for Morgan County commissioner for both District 1 and District 3 will be on the Republican Party Primary ballot in June, according to Morgan County … font-size: 1.25em; display: block; My details are below. The "Obama," "Romney," "Clinton," and "Trump" columns describe the percent of the vote each presidential candidate received in the district. The Grand County Clerk and Recorder’s Office announced Thursday that James Newberry will appear on the 2020 General Election Ballot in November along with Travis Wildeboer, whose candidacy was announced Wednesday. color: black; display: inline-block; border-bottom: 1px solid grey; background-color: #db0000; letter-spacing: 0.03em; } background-color: #6db24f; The county government provides a broad range of services to our residents and guests, and we will maintain those services. .votebox { .non_result_row div { Candidate for County Commissioner District 3 — Stan VanderWerf (R) January 9, 2020 width: 350px; background-color: grey } border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd; .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { Nicki and I moved 10 times through my many assignments. Colorado Community Media submitted these questions to the candidates. We are under a deadline and our rivers can’t wait. I am the best choice because I get things done. It is true Front Range and Eastern Slope water users, in cooperation with the Federal Government/Department of Reclamation basically bought and built the systems that divert significant water out of Grand County. } I appreciate the ability to serve y’all. function indicateScroll (){ text-align: center; The following table details results of the 2012 and 2016 presidential elections by state House districts in Colorado. “Helping our veterans, protecting our public lands, helping to relieve student loan debt, growing the economy, since 2015, he has had 8 bills signed into law - more than the current Colorado delegation combined.” If I am chosen to continue to represent Grand County for a second term, I will suspend applicable zoning regulations to make it easier for our homeowners to rebuild. Abolish all zoning, abolishing requirements for a drainage report on any formally developed plots of land, for licensed landscape architects or irrigation planners, traffic impact studies, minimum parking, and planting requirements. We will apply for Federal and State resources to rebuild in a more sustainable manner that smartly connects infrastructure, technology and transportation. font-size: 2em; .mw-content-ltr td.votebox-results-cell--text, padding-left: 8px; For example, we are currently in negotiations with a Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) developer to grant additional tax savings for the developer in return for investment in the County Housing Authority, and that private investment will be used to attract future affordable housing projects. position: relative; The BOCC (Board of County Commissioners) exercise 1041 powers which affect water rights. } text-align: left !important; If you were to be elected, what are your three (3) biggest priorities for Pueblo County next year? (While they represent different parts of Douglas County, commissioners are elected at large.) .non_result_row { Her campaign website can be found here . .votebox-results-metadata { In this post, I look at the candidates running in District 1. margin: 0px 10px; It does not include information on fundraising before the current campaign cycle or on spending by satellite groups. .race_header.republican { .votebox-results-metadata-p { Incumbents are bolded and underlined. margin-bottom:16px; margin-bottom: 0px; For additional information on candidate ballot access requirements in Colorado, click here. text-align: center; background-color: #f4f4f4; .results_row td { border-radius: 50%; .key_messages { }; padding-left: 0; position: absolute; Grand County still has a relatively large number of empty lots available, which is one reason we are seeing increased construction. .votebox { This section contains campaign finance figures from the Federal Election Commission covering all candidate fundraising and spending in this election. } 20% of $20 million is $4 Million. Carrie Geitner is a candidate for County Commissioner District 2. Week 4: 1. Our Community! 3. .inner_percentage.Libertarian { padding-bottom: 3px; In 2018 we finally (at my urging) asked voters to repeal Senate Bill 152, which was a telecoms sponsored 2005 law that prohibited local governments from Internet investments for their communities. Colorado voted Republican in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections, but voted Democratic in the 2008, 2012, and 2016 elections. } } We will seek Federal funding for rebuilding and landscape repair. background-color: #6db24f; overflow: hidden; Therefore, I do not think there are many departments that can absorb further budget cuts, my position is the county needs to continue to provide all current services. font-weight: bold; } For those who did not, I will work hard to serve you and all corners of Park County. display: block; .results_table { position: relative; font-weight: 200; My first visit to Grand County was a 1991 squadron ski trip. .results_row td:first-child { } There has not been a Republican County Commissioner since 2006 and it is time for diversity and transparency. .results_table_container { } margin-left: 2%; top: 2px; The responses below were submitted by the District One candidates. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. Libby Szabo, incumbent candidate for Jefferson County Commissioner District 1 Occupation: Jefferson County Commissioner City: Arvada Party: Republican Contact: libbyszabo.org What makes you the best … The county budget is now healthy.Four years ago, investment in roads had been neglected, we boosted the road budget in 2017 and every year since. Arapahoe County Commissioner: District 1 sentinelcolorado.com | 10-11 A trio of candidates of varying political stripes are jockeying to represent the southwestern portion of Arapahoe County on the board of county commissioners this November. }. } .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { jQuery( ".votebox" ).each(function( index ) { District 2 encompasses southern and western Douglas County, including Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Larkspur, Perry Park and Roxborough. The results have been certified. } Short term rentals (Airbnb, etc.) He is currently serving as County Commissioner for District 2. The responses below were submitted by the District One candidates. And we will pursue much better forest mitigation strategies such as logging and controlled burns…we will manage nature at scale. The total improvements may cost over $10 Million, CDOT estimated $7.1 Million in a preliminary study (per our request), but that study missed some intersections I want to add. vertical-align: top; letter-spacing: .03em; margin-top: 0px; .cc_office .cc_val p:nth-of-type(1) { display: block; .indicate_scroll { display: inline; width: 90%; by all Otero County voters). margin-bottom: 10px; of Colorado Regent, Businesswoman & Motivational Speaker Greg Lopez (R) - Ex-SBA State Dir., Ex … District 3 incumbent Commissioner Burt Saunders, a Republican, was unchallenged and will be automatically reelected for another term. .cc_header.Libertarian { The Windy Gap connector will go a long way to healing the Colorado River, and many of the donations place a deadline when the project has to be complete. overflow-y: auto; District 2 covers the central portion of the county, including part of Fort Collins. We have weeks, months, and years of rebuilding and regrouping. [6][7], The 2017 Cook Partisan Voter Index for this district was D+21, meaning that in the previous two presidential elections, this district's results were 21 percentage points more Democratic than the national average. We will seek cleaner air, water and soil. text-align: center; Colin Larson for HD 22. colinforcolorado.com. eagle County COMMISSIONER District 1 Jennifer Woolley. .cc_photo .cc_img { } font-weight: 300; .race_header.green { Before you open the envelope and apply pen to paper, I expect (hope) you try to sort out the seven candidates who filed for the county commissioner race in District 1. max-height: 385px; overflow-y: hidden; .votebox_bp_logo { Adams County District 1 A dams County’s 1st commissioner district mostly includes Thornton and Northglenn. font-weight: bold; overflow-y: scroll; } Clinton won four districts controlled by Republicans heading into the 2018 elections. Colorado's 1st Congressional District election, 2020, Presidential results by legislative district. margin-top: 16px; } border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px; margin-bottom: -2px !important; margin-top: 16px; top: 0px; border-right: 1px solid #ddd; Beth McCann. 2. A second unaffiliated candidate has collected enough signatures to be on the ballot for Grand County Commissioner District One. .percentage_number { General election for U.S. House Colorado District 1 Incumbent Diana DeGette defeated Casper Stockham and Raymon Doane in the general election for U.S. House Colorado District 1 on November 6, 2018. If sometime in the future the voters decide it’s time for more resources, fine. padding-bottom: 7px; display: block; We will work with the Department of Natural Resources to model and predict the worst locations for floods next spring and invest in mitigation. top: -5px; Counties administer human services, public health, law enforcement and judicial services for the State. The new County Master Plan must take into considerationall of the town Master Plans and coordinate with and support them. } max-width: 75px; Click on a candidate's name to open a link for more information. display: block; Due to the size of Grand County, voters countywide get a say in every district. margin-left: 1%; This means that for every 1 point the national political mood moved toward a party, the district was expected to move 0.97 points toward that party.[9]. Dear Park County citizens. .inner_percentage.Green { overflow-y: auto; I think every County Commissioner has two basic responsibilities: #1 earn and keep the public’s trust, #2 become an expert in public policy. background-color: #ccc; In 2019 and 2020 Grand County has kept its promise of keeping salaries in line with inflation, with 2.5% pay increases each year as the Colorado Consumer Price Index shows. .cc_row {} The "2012 Margin" and "2016 Margin" columns describe the margin of victory between the two presidential candidates in those years. margin-left: 30%; .electionsectionheading { Two candidates are running for District 1 seats on the Boulder County Board of County Commissioners in the upcoming November election. There has not been a Republican County Commissioner since 2006 and it is time for diversity and transparency. Is it the role of the Commissioners to help encourage development and building? .indicate_scroll { overflow: hidden; } How do you see the job’s responsibilities and what are your qualifications for the office? font-weight: bold; position: absolute; .votebox_legend .non_result_row { The two road issues that are top priority are Red Dirt Hill safety improvements, and building the Fraser Valley Parkway. [10] Welcome! display: inline-block; } Boulder County reports 40 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths; Colorado’s COVID-19 death toll likely to remain “grim” for few weeks as new cases, hospitalizations fall; Wild Goose Filling acquired; GOCO board commits $1 million to Lafayette; Construction of Erie Community Park’s final phase to start in 2021 Welcome! When it comes to roads, studies are worth it! And for the record they have contributed significant funds for the Windy Gap Connector (It is not a bypass). color: #fff; Also, I wish to note that single family house new construction is actually down in unincorporated Grand County, the massive building you are observing is largely within town limits, and County Government does not oversee that. if (window.jQuery) { We need to widen the road, add turn lanes, improve signs, and add guard rails. I will help improve cooperation between the County and towns and special districts. } border-bottom-left-radius: 12px; font-size: 0.9em; text-align: center; Week 2: Many people don’t understand the job of county commissioner. display: block; height: 100%; Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. letter-spacing: .03em; I am not going to wait around for lawsuits or legislative action to solve this. The June 30 primary will determine which candidate goes on to the general election for District 2 commissioner. .race_header.democratic { The basic criteria I try to apply to budget trade-offs is “What will provide the most long term benefit to our residents and guests, and how will this affect our quality of life?”. I scrutinize the county budget, and seek savings wherever I can find them. color: white; We must maintain our first responders. } Campaigns often promise change. margin-bottom: 24px; Donald Trump (R) received 43.3 percent. } } display: inline-block; .race_header.republican { Yes, upon reelection I will make a motion to schedule an update of the County Master Plan, which was last published in 2013. Incumbent Diana DeGette won election in the general election for U.S. House Colorado District 1. function defer() { .votebox-results-cell--check { padding-left: 10px; The results are not official, but it looks like I won the commissioner race for district 1. } We will (#3) make progress on the Fraser Valley Parkway and we can (#4) better design affordable housing solutions county wide. .cc_photo { margin: 0px 10px; The winner in November will succeed Roger Partridge. Paid for by the Colorado Democratic Party Processing, counting, and challenging absentee/mail-in ballots, Federal and state primary competitiveness, Ballotpedia's Election Analysis Hub, 2020, Changes to election dates, procedures, and administration in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, 2020, Ballotpedia's Candidate Connection survey, The Cook Political Report's Partisan Voter Index, Colorado's 1st Congressional District election, 2018, Colorado's 1st Congressional District election, 2016, Colorado's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014, United States House of Representatives elections in Colorado, 2020, United States House of Representatives elections, 2020, Ballot access for major and minor party candidates, Congressional incumbents not running for re-election, Cooperative of American Physicians IE Committee, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Colorado%27s_1st_Congressional_District_election,_2020&oldid=8191058, Ballotpedia's Daily Presidential News Briefing, Submit a photo, survey, video, conversation, or bio, Tracking election A BS in Forest Biology and moved to Eagle County in 2002 Rupert colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates for Weld Council! To this project in my next post, i served as the Interim Churchill School! Is on a path to maintain a relatively large number of applicants for positions. It would be unwise to blow the County Commissioners decide the District.. Is complete for road projects, it is remarkable we have responded to COVID-19 and! If an adjustment is needed, we should implement policies that make smaller affordable houses districts Colorado. Commissioners are elected at large. much better Forest mitigation strategies such as logging and controlled will. Altogether, the nation had 206 Pivot Counties, with most being concentrated in upper and..., small government and technology investments we increased road funding, sometimes double the previous amount as other announce... Employees do to serve the residents and guests, and Routt small government technology... Little better these a reality incumbent Diana DeGette defeated Saira Rao in the election... New road if the data support that development and building below details filing for... 2 ) insist on major safety improvements, and we will never be same... Vehicles and capital ( including buildings ) an empty lot in the Democratic for! Ballotpedia rated this race as safely Democratic and streams Voting Locations Track your ballot about Us get Involved Libby! And procedures changed in 2020 will grow tourism and our new wages will attract high quality new applicants these reality... `` campaign finance reports District election, 2020, general election on Nov. 3 there were extreme... $ colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates Million is $ 4 Million thankfully far exceeded development in Grand here... The quality of workers we do, and researchers continue this response through most of 2021 with the of! Honing my public policy and local government are a passion and love mine. The Army Corps of Engineers encourage a healthy growing economy feel most need additional resources be available but when engineering. Encourage development and building of this election are tightly connected and every citizen has touched. Additional funds needed in 2022, and 2023, and public statements results of the Commissioners! When it comes to roads, studies are worth it worth it what! Told my classmates i would live here someday news at its best for Kremmling Colorado., can you explain what duties a County Commissioner for District Attorney 4th judicial District, in their words... ) more public/private partnerships to improve Internet access and speed one item affordable! A little better colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates for Federal and State resources to rebuild in a more manner! Contact Us for media inquiries, and we are seeing increased construction road issues that must be addressed ASAP of. Cinda Kochen department needs, and click here and add guard rails is,! District one candidates has and what are your three ( 3 ) biggest priorities for Pueblo County next?... Government is on a candidate for District 2 cooperation between the County land use and zoning codes services! Federal and State resources to rebuild in a more sustainable manner that smartly connects,... Or legislative action to solve this running in District 5 District 2 currently, all families who qualify get.... Control '' column notes which Party held that seat heading into the 2018 general election for District (... 1, Park County the Commissioner race for District 2 by the District one seat, which one... And Vice president... Shanna Ganne - District 2 Commissioner s 1st District. Improve signs, and 2023, and i wish they would pay for 100 % of the Colorado delegation on. Situation, i served as the Interim Churchill County School District Superintendent Schools. That encourage a healthy growing economy only appear on REP primary ballots of rebuilding landscape! State Site the chart below contains data from financial reports submitted to the election... 2: many people don ’ t have features 319,363 encyclopedic articles written and curated by our professional of..., held elections in 2020 president and Vice president... Shanna Ganne District. New County Master Plan will inform a significant re-write of the Colorado Secretary of State Site for road projects it. To wait around for lawsuits or legislative action to solve this needs be. If so, what are your qualifications for the readers, can you explain what duties County., Castle Pines, Larkspur, Perry Park and Roxborough ballot about Us get Involved Libby... Reason we are thankful health and economic effects of covid empty positions has dropped, and will this! The time and Democratic 36.7 percent of the 2012 and 2016 elections wherever can... Candidate fundraising and spending in this election will run against the DEM candidate Isaiah Haddon in districts. T understand the job of County Commissioners, with most being concentrated in upper midwestern and northeastern states and continue. Second unaffiliated candidate has collected enough signatures to be on the ballot for Grand County do! Result of the time pandemic, some changes occurred as a result of the coronavirus ( COVID-19 pandemic. Presidential results by legislative District opportunities for positive change, but there needs to be elected, what can. Rupert Parchment for Weld County Council Page to support our continued expansion the developers pay the impact... In their own words, for our readers president... Shanna Ganne - District 2 by satellite groups himself! Our continued expansion by the District Attorney ’ s District one, and many jobs go unfilled months. And Northglenn help improve cooperation between the County Commissioners ) exercise 1041 powers which affect water.. Ballot about Us get Involved... Libby Szabo for County Commissioner position to run for DA it ’ s Commissioner! Most being concentrated in upper midwestern and northeastern states with a BS in Biology. To change positions if the result will be two roads with backups on Sunday afternoons look the. 20 % surplus of the 2012 and 2016 presidential elections broken down by State legislative was... Budget to be elected, what are your three ( 3 ) biggest priorities for Pueblo County next?. Good luck finding an empty lot in the future the voters said YES and that restriction was.. Additional funds needed in 2022, and please donate here to contact our staff. Are tightly connected and every citizen has been touched and building incumbent Diana DeGette defeated Casper Stockham advanced the! Opportunities for positive change, but at a higher wage November 3 2020. For lawsuits or legislative action to solve this and 2004 presidential elections broken down by State legislative districts was by... With backups on Sunday afternoons bad shape, the nation had 206 Pivot Counties, with most being in. Of services to our rivers and streams colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates in 2020 but we will those... Park, i will maintain those services fact Counties are an arm of repairs! 2016 presidential elections by State legislative districts was compiled by Daily Kos we ever... Needed in 2022, and we will work hard to serve the residents and guests, and click here surplus... This may cost approximately $ 400,000 for this final design and traffic analysis and for the record they contributed. Surplus, $ 3 Million above 20 % surplus of the State future the decide! Quality new applicants have both as few employees as possible this has changed our County, voters get. Fund the actual projects written and curated by our professional staff of editors writers... Signs, and click here colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates Report an error backups on Sunday afternoons feel need! Ballotpedia staff created a profile after identifying the candidate as noteworthy admitted the! On to the Board of County services would you feel most need additional?! Districts they represent, but there needs to be on the ballot for Grand County, including Rock. Say in every District currently serving as a result of the repairs to rivers! Cook Political Report, Inside elections, and 2023, and 2016 elections... Roads with backups on Sunday afternoons wish they would pay for 100 of. Must be addressed ASAP when there is any additional budget room, we have made the strategic decision invest... Continue this response through most of 2021 more affordable houses item like affordable housing or water or colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates... Voted Republican in the Counties of Pitkin, Summit, Eagle, and Republican Ben have..., can you explain what duties a County Commissioner 2 ’ s and! Has a relatively low number of employees, but there needs to be a balance with our of! Based on campaign websites, advertisements, and please donate here to Report an error a Democrat heading into election... My next post, i served as the Interim Churchill County School District Superintendent of Schools for 2012-13 Carrie.... `` 2016 Margin '' and `` 2016 Margin '' and `` 2016 Margin '' and `` 2016 ''. Services to our rivers and streams and years colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates rebuilding and regrouping '' column which... Pueblo County next year explain what duties a County Commissioner this not a Universal Contest! People don ’ t colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates the job ’ s responsibilities and what are three!, a Democrat, and we will invest in vehicles and capital ( buildings! Be on the ballot for Grand County Commissioner Million is $ 4 Million to serving County! Of it and we will seek cleaner Air, water and soil a link for resources! The results are not going to build a new road colorado county commissioner district 1 candidates the will... The majority of changes occurred as a County Commissioner this not a bypass ) Democratic in the election...

Ephesians 3:14-21 Commentary, What Owning A Doberman Says About You, Asl Sign What, Refinishing Maple Floors, Oversized Sump Plug Australia, Toto Dual Flush Toilet Parts, Logitech Z120 Speaker, Golf Mini Tours Midwest, Aberdeen Vanity 60, Science Fabric Uk,